Thursday, January 11, 2007

Market Street, San Francisco


Walking down Market Street is one of my big pleasures. There always something to see and artists to watch. I met this man who made pendants out of old spoons, with decoupaged icons pictures, adorned with charms or beads, all for $5.



I also gawked at the little stand of this Asian crocheter, her expert fingers double-crocheting almost unconsciously quick. She must have been in happy place because she did not notice that I was taking photos of her wares. (Crochet is like that--alters your state of consciousness).She churned out pretty bonnets in fun colors (lime, peach, fuschia, aqua) with detachable flower-pins for mix and match. (like peach and lime or pink and white). Bonnets with a flower were snapped at $10 (2 for $8). Her pretty scarves were dotted with flowers ($12 eac, 2 for $20) and the flower pins themselves were sold for $2 each, 3 for $5).





I regret not buying some flower pins because I told myself I could make. But then I haven't had the time nor the pattern. So, I will make sure to go back for some flower pins in the city soon!

1 comment:

Candy said...

I'm going to enjoy reading your blog. So glad you found mine! We lived in Pleasanton for 2.5 years. I haven't been able to get back to the Bay Area since, but my husband travels back from time to time on business. We loved it while we were out there!!!