Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cap and Poncho



I must be truly homesick, as I have turned furiously to my crochet projects. Crochet really rests my mind and my spirit. Mabuti na itong crochet, instead of eating, smoking, or alcohol. The repetition of the stitches has a true calming effect on me, and I take advantage of this natural relaxer, this new-age yoga, everytime I can.

I am proud to post my latest projects--a bonnet and a poncho for my 7-year old daughter. Very timely, I must add, as we are about to enter the Fall season. I will be very happy to see her wear these hand-made knotted patterns, so she may be wrapped around my love all day.



All day is also what I can spend crocheting if I didn't watch it. Time flies so fast when crocheting, it is so amazing! I taught my mom and my cousin recently. I keep telling them I started with uneven and ugly squares also. Now, they keep complaining that they just can't stop! My mom, at least, finds relief for her insomnia. And I can't tell you how nice it is to have your yarn while you wait for someone or when en route on the bus or BART.

I don't know if I saved money by crocheting my originals but I know for sure that crochet saved me a lot of despair and confusion by steadying my spirit, ridding me of many angry feelings, and connecting me with my inner self.

Oh and don't worry, this blog will not be a showcase of my primitive efforts. I am only a beginner. But I aspire to get better soon. I am inspired and fascinated with the skill of the masters that chain out things so beautiful, I am breathless at the very sight of them. Ihope this site and the links I will find will inspire you, too!

No comments: